|Focus and Scope|
|Copyright Transfer Agreement|
Imelda's Scientific Journal of Recording and Health Information follows the guidelines of the Ethics Publication Committee (COPE) in dealing with all aspects of publication ethics and, in particular, on how to handle research cases and publication irregularities.
The Scientific Journal of Recording and Health Information Imelda adopted COPE to meet high-quality ethical standards for publishers, editors, writers and reviewers. As an important issue, publication ethics needs to be clearly defined to improve the quality of research worldwide. In this section, we describe the standards for editors, writers, and reviewers. In addition, the publisher has no right to interfere with the integrity of the content and only supports to publish in a timely manner.
- The editor must be responsible for each article published in the Imelda Health Information and Recording Scientific Journal
- The editors can communicate with other editors or reviewers when making the final decision.
- Editors must evaluate manuscripts for publication objectively, judging each article according to quality regardless of the author's nationality, ethnicity, political beliefs, race, religion, gender, seniority, or institutional affiliation. He must refuse his assignment when there is a potential conflict of interest.
- Editors must ensure that documents sent to reviewers do not contain information about the author, and vice versa.
- Editors' decisions must be informed to the authors, accompanied by reviewers' comments, unless the comments contain offensive or defamatory statements.
- Editors must respect the author's request that someone should not review his writing, if the reasons are reasonable and practical.
- Editors and all staff must ensure the confidentiality of submitted manuscripts.
- Editors will be guided by the COPE flow chart if it is suspected that there is a discrepancy or authorship dispute.
- Reviewers should comment on ethical questions and possible errors in research and publication.
- Reviewers will carry out their work in a timely manner and must notify editors if they are unable to complete the assignment.
- reviewer must maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript.
- Reviewers must decline assignments if they discover a potential conflict of interest between themselves and the authors.
Authors must present accurate reports and data from research results. The research results article must contain sufficient detailed information and references. Deliberate deception of the content of a manuscript is unethical and unacceptable behavior.
Originality and Plagiarism:
The authors must ensure the originality of their writings and provide clear information/sources when using quotations. Authors are not allowed to publish their research papers in more than one journal because submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal simultaneously is unethical and unacceptable behavior.
Acknowledgment of Sources: Proper acknowledgment of the work of others should always be included. Authors must cite publications that have been used to base the creation of a scientific work.
Authorship of the Paper: Papers should be limited to researchers who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, conduct, or interpretation of the research reported. All researchers who have made significant contributions must be listed as co-authors. Researchers who participate in substantive aspects of a study must be recognized or registered as contributors. The lead author must ensure that co-authors are eligible for inclusion on the list of researchers and all authors must see and approve the final version of the manuscript to be published.
Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: Each author must disclose in their manuscript any substantive financial or interest that may be construed to influence the outcome of a manuscript.
Fundamental errors in published works: If the author finds errors or inaccuracies in a published manuscript, the author is expected to notify the journal editor or publisher and work with the editor to retract or correct the manuscript.
Program Studi D4/D3 Perekam dan Informasi Kesehatan
Jl. Bilal No. 52 Kelurahan Pulo Brayan Darat I Kecamatan Medan Timur, Medan - Sumatera Utara
Telp : (061) 66455670
Website : http://jurnal.uimedan.ac.id/index.php/JIPIKI
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org